Pound cakes were invented in the 1700’s and were intended to be multi use cakes. In the US, it became commercially popular in the 1800’s. The name pound cake comes from the fact that the cakes contained a pound each of sugar, eggs and butter. Pound cakes were originally used to preserve precious sugar, because it was common for people to only have access to sugar for a few weeks a year, while it was available. This recipe is dairy free and sugar free. Even though it’s sugar free, it has a very rich chocolate taste.
Let’s face it, you can only eat so many fresh vegetables, lean meats, and good fats before you start to feel like a rabbit. We all have our favorite desserts, but eating pounds of sugar, flour, and processed oils in one sitting isn’t going to help your weight-loss efforts or your waistline. Here’s a recipe that’s almost as yummy as Grandma’s, but is a lot more healthy.
Who doesn’t love a good pound cake? And who doesn’t love super moist, extra chocolatey chocolate cake? Well, this is the perfect combo of the two! This is a quick and easy recipe that will become your new favorite dessert recipe. You can eat it plain or top it with some sugar free ice cream for dessert.This article contains affiliate links, and we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase on our website. This is the best double chocolate cake ever. A chocolate lover’s dream come true – a super decadent low-carb cake that is perfectly moist and full of chocolatey flavor. Enjoy a slice of this incredible grain-free, gluten-free and sugar-free chocolate cake with only 3g of net carbs!
My favorite chocolate keto cake
This is definitely my favorite low carb chocolate cake. It’s made from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, with the addition of cocoa powder and espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor. It’s love at first bite, guaranteed! If you’ve made my keto blueberry bread or my low-carb strawberry bread, you know I’m a big fan of keto pound cake. They are super versatile, incredibly easy to make, delicious and full of berry and vanilla flavors. So without further ado, let’s get started on this fantastic almond flour cake.
Chocolate Keto Cake ingredients
I’m a big fan of keto desserts that can be made in minutes. This low-carb chocolate cake is made with only the essential low-carb ingredients, so you don’t have to make a special trip to the market. Believe me when I say it’s dangerously delicious. It’s perfect if you’re craving chocolate after breakfast, but without the sugar.
- Low-carb flour: As usual, we need a mixture of unbleached almond flour and coconut flour to get the best airy texture. If you cook with only one of them, the result is not the best. It can get very dry or grainy, and we need an airy, moist gluten-free cake.
- Eggs- Always use large eggs at room temperature. They make this chocolate bread very moist and bind all the ingredients together into a delicious dessert.
- Cocoa powder– As always, use unsweetened cocoa, as we don’t need extra sugar. I prefer Dutch cocoa powder because it gives a deep, rich chocolate flavor. So decadent that I usually order it online. You can use any cocoa powder you have around the house – the results are always amazing.
- Butter- In this recipe we use unsalted butter at room temperature. This makes the dough as smooth as silk.
- Sweetener– It’s time to use the granular keto sweetener you prefer – my favorite is a mix of erythritol and monk fruit. (Use LOWCARBSPARK10 at checkout to get 10% off). It adds the perfect amount of sweetness without an unpleasant aftertaste.
- The–baking powder acts as a leavening agent and gives this cake a little lift and airiness for better texture.
- Espresso powder is a must in any chocolate dessert, as it enhances the flavor of the chocolate. Don’t worry if you’re not a coffee drinker. You don’t taste the coffee at all. Trust me.
- Vanilla– Very little vanilla extract is needed. Choose a high quality natural extract and avoid imitation vanilla to get the best taste.
- Chocolate Pieces– If you can’t find chocolate pieces, cut up an unsweetened chocolate bar of your choice and use chocolate pieces instead – delicious!
- Additional ingredientsare roasted hazelnuts that provide the perfect and necessary crunch. In fact, all roasted nuts are excellent for this dish.
Looking for more keto chocolate desserts? Try this:
PS: If you want to gather all my best keto dessert recipes in one place, check out my latest ebook: Incredibly easy keto desserts! A chocolate lover’s dream come true – a super decadent chocolate cake, perfectly moist and full of chocolatey flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter a 9×5″ loaf pan and line it with baking paper. Set it aside.
- Place the eggs, oil, sweetener, cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are foamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: Cocoa powder, espresso powder, almond flour, baking powder and coconut flour.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until well blended. Light the chocolate chips!
- Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until done (a toothpick should poke through). Let the cake cool before serving!
Nutritional information Quantity per serving. How do we calculate the nutritional information? Nutritional information was extracted from the nutritional information in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food database. Our nutritional information is accurate, but if you use other products, make your own calculations. The net amount of carbohydrate is calculated by subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols, since they do not raise blood sugar. Tags chocolate cake, moist chocolate cake.
Sign up now!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and be the first to receive the latest recipes, updates and special offers.
You have successfully subscribed to our mailing list. Let’s face it, the ketogenic diet isn’t always the most appealing of weight loss plans. Most dishes involve dreary piles of meat and vegetables, and the worst part is that they’re often so low in fat that they leave you feeling unsatisfied. But what if you could have your cake and eat it, too? That’s where this recipe comes in. Replacing the typical flour with a low-carb, high-protein powder not only cuts carbs, but also makes the cake so fluffy that you won’t have to question whether or not you’re getting enough fat.. Read more about keto chocolate cake with cream cheese and let us know what you think.
keto chocolate pound cakeketo chocolate cakeketo chocolate dream cakeketo chocolate cake with cream cheesealmond flour chocolate pound cakeketo chocolate cake coconut flour,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Keto and Co Keto Cake Mix,Keto Queen Kreations Cake Mix,Duncan Hines Keto Friendly C…,HighKey Healthy Snacks Ke…,Good Dee's Good Snack Cake Mix…,Good Dee's Carrot Muffin & C…,See more,keto chocolate pound cake,keto chocolate cake,keto chocolate dream cake,keto chocolate cake with cream cheese,almond flour chocolate pound cake,keto chocolate cake coconut flour,keto sour cream chocolate cake,keto chocolate mug cake