For some, a stomach-turning sight is worth a thousand words. If you went to Chipotle in the year 2021, what would you be greeted by? A staff of slim, toned, and glowing patrons enjoying their meals with passion? Or a line out the door with queued up customers anxiously awaiting their turn?
Everyone knows that Chipotle is the place to get all the Keto fixings – and yes, we’re talking about the burritos! (But we also know many Chipotle fans would be excited to know the chain is working on a Keto burrito option.) In the meantime, Chipotle’s been testing a new non-Vegans menu at select locations in Las Vegas, and we saw the results sneak onto social media. Now, the chain’s rolling out the new menu nationwide.
You have probably seen a lot of ads for various types of “keto” plans these days. Now, before you start jumping to the conclusion that keto is just another fad diet, or that it’s nothing but a gimmick that’s just a try hard to make money, let me tell you something: these programs work. It just doesn’t work for everyone.
Surprisingly, Chipotle was the first Keto Fast Food restaurant we visited when we began our keto journey. It was the best decision I could have made. Chipotle’s keto selections are diverse and ideal for our low-carb diet. And, as you can see in the video, we don’t mess around with our guac!
You take advantage of the opportunity to walk down a line admiring meats and toppings while being asked which one you want on your salad. It’s almost as if Chipotle’s keto selections were created specifically for our low-carb way of life.
Before you decide to go to Chipotle, take a look at our other fast food guides to see if anything else piques your interest. Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, Smoothie King, and Buffalo Wild Wings all offer guides.
Chipotle: What We Order
Don’t be fooled by the phrase “salad.” It’s not just a salad, by any means. They serve a generous piece of everything, and with so many selections, it’s more of a meat, cheese, and guacamole bowl. Heck! You could also skip the romaine lettuce and make a dish with grilled meats, vegetables, and cheese instead. There’s no need for a salad.
To keep low carb, we each like to cook our own Chipotle keto meal. You can customize your bowl to match your favorite flavors. We’ll discuss our favorites, but we’ll also break down all of the options available to you.
Keto Food List (FREE PRINTABLE)
Join 150,000 others who have already gotten a FREE keto food list and new recipes every week!
Keto Chipotle Meal by Megha
In compared to the grilled chicken alternatives, Megha prefers the barbacoa’s high fat content. Because the meat is heavier in fat, the dinner is more satisfying, and she won’t have to think about food for a few hours.
- Barbacoa: 165 calories, 7 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 1 gram of net carbs, 24 grams of protein
- Romaine Lettuce: 10 calories, 0 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 1 gram of net carbs, 1 gram of protein
- Fresh Tomato Salsa has 25 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrate, 1 gram of fiber, 0 grams of net carbohydrates, and 0 grams of protein.
- 15 calories, 0 g fat, 4 g carb, 0 g fiber, 4 g net carbohydrates, 0 g protein, tomatillo green chili salsa
- Sour cream has 115 calories, 9 grams of fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, and 2 grams of protein.
- 100 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrate, 0 gram of fiber, 1 gram of net carbohydrates, 6 grams of protein
- Guacamole (per serving): 230 calories, 22 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of fiber, 2 grams of net carbohydrates, and 2 grams of protein
Sour cream was the only high-carb item on the menu. Chipotle’s sour cream has a substantially greater carb content than other store-bought brands. They give you roughly 5 net carbohydrates each scoop. Megha’s macros will be higher in net carbs than Matt’s because of this.
Macros (Nutrition Facts) for Megha’s Keto at Chipotle:
- calories: 660
- 45.5 grams of fat
- Carbs: 23 g
- 9g fiber
- 35 grams of protein
- Carbohydrates (net): 14 g
While her dinner contained 14g net carbohydrates, this salad dish might easily have been lower if she had used more fresh tomato salsa instead of sour cream.
Matt’s Chipotle Keto Meal:
Matt’s bowl is a little less complicated than Megha’s. He follows a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic lifestyle. He likes the flavor of tomatillo red chile salsa, but it may simply be replaced with tomato salsa for a lower carb count.
- 180 calories, 7 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates,.5 grams of fiber, 32 grams of protein
- Lettuce Romaine: 10 calories, 0 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, and 1 gram of protein
- 30 calories, 0 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of fiber, and 0 grams of protein in tomatillo red salsa
- Cheese has 100 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrate, 0 gram of fiber, and 6 grams of protein.
- Guacamole has 230 calories, 22 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of protein.
As you can see, the nutritional information is excellent. A keto salad bowl with a little meat, salsa, cheese, and guac. It’s high in fiber, fat, and protein, making it a filling keto dinner. If you look up the nutrition data ahead of time and come in with a plan, Keto at Chipotle doesn’t have to be difficult.
(Nutrition Facts) Matt’s Keto Chipotle Macros:
- calories: 550
- 36.5 grams of fat
- 15 g carbohydrates
- 9g fiber
- Protein (41 g)
- Carbohydrates (net): 6 g
Matt doesn’t often use sour cream as a topping, but it’s high in fat and only adds 11 grams to his net carbs. New keto dieters may also appreciate sour cream while on the diet because it provides a creamy basis and an easy fat supply. You’ll be OK if you just keep track of the total net carbs.
Chipotle’s Keto Ingredients
The first decision you must make is which type of meal to purchase, and there is just one keto option available. The Keto Salad Bowl is a must-try! Everything else is your normal rice, bean, and burrito fiesta, so skip them in favor of a romaine lettuce basis. Here’s what you can put in your salad dish, along with their net carb content:
- 1 g Romaine Lettuce
- 0g chicken
- 0g of steak
- 0g carnitas
- 1 gram of barbacoa
- 1 gram of chorizo
- 6g Sofritas
- Veggies for Fajitas: 5 g (4 net carbs)
- 7g carbohydrates in Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (4g Net carbs)
- 0g Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Salsa de Tomatillo Verde: 4 g
- 2.5 g Tomatillo Red-Chili Salsa
- 1 gram of cheese
- 2 g guacamole
Chipotle toppings with a lot of fat
To increase the fat content of your keto Chipotle bowl, use the following toppings:
- Guacamole (per serving nutrition)- The iconic guacamole. You will almost certainly be charged an additional fee, but it is definitely worth it. Chipotle is proud of their homemade guacamole. Each order includes a large dish of guacamole with 22 grams of fat.
- Sour cream (nutrition per serving): While it is low in protein, it is high in fat! Every serving of Chipotle sour cream has 9 grams of fat.
- Cheese (calories per serving)- Cheese is a must-have on the keto diet. It’s the finest keto bowl ever, with plenty of protein and fat. There are 7.5 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein in each order of cheese!
Not to add that these are the most delectable toppings! If you need more fat macros, don’t be scared to ask for double beef or double guacamole. The team has complete control over the nutrition per serving. They choose the scoop size and, as a result, the calories and nutrition are slightly different.
Order two varieties of meat, for example, 1/2 chicken and 1/2 barbacoa. Frequently, the staff will not level it precisely and will offer you more meat than usual for the same price!
The Best Keto Proteins are ranked from best to worst.
Try some of these high protein toppings on your next keto salad bowl if you’re aiming to eat a higher protein diet or just want to balance the fat in your ketogenic diet. The following are the nutritional values per ordinary serving:
- 180 calories, 7 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates, 32 grams of protein
- Barbacoa has 170 calories, 7 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, and 24 grams of protein.
- Carnitas include 210 calories, 12 grams of fat, 0 grams of carbohydrates, and 23 grams of protein. Carnitas are undoubtedly the finest keto protein on the menu because it’s heavy in fat and protein, despite being lower in protein than chicken.
- Steak: 150 calories, 6 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbohydrates, and 6 grams of protein
- 110 calories, 8 g fat, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein
The worst would be sofritas, which we don’t even consider as a keto diet choice. It contains only 8 grams of protein and has 165 calories, 10 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 10 grams of fat. We recommend getting more cheese if you’re a vegetarian (6g of protein a serving).
Carnitas and barbacoa are popular keto meats since they have a high fat-to-protein ratio. The main difference between carnitas and barbacoa is that carnitas are pork and barbacoa is beef. Make a keto salad bowl with one of these two the next time you eat keto at Chipotle.
What to Avoid at Chipotle If You’re on a Keto Diet
If you want to eat keto at Chipotle, you’ll need to know what to avoid to save your keto meal from being ruined. The salad bowl is a good place to start, but there are a few things to stay away from:
- Burritos, or to be more precise, tortillas. This also applies to chips, which, due to their high carb content, will not fit into a keto diet. Burritos are typically high in calories and carbohydrates. If you order a burrito, they will also inquire for rice and beans. At all costs, stay away from the burrito.
- Rice- Both white and brown rice are low-quality carbohydrates that should be avoided when following a ketogenic diet. If you order a salad bowl or a burrito bowl, specify that you do not want white rice and instead want romaine lettuce.
- Beans, both pinto and black, fall under this category. Pinto beans (brown beans) have 21 grams of carbohydrates per serving, while black beans have 22 grams. Whether you order a burrito bowl or a regular burrito, these extra carbs are something you should avoid.
- Roasted Chili Corn Salsa- Corn isn’t keto-friendly. 16 grams of carbohydrates per serving (13 net). It’s a sneaky carb-laden menu item that you’ll want to avoid.
- Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette- This sneaky Chipotle dressing packs a staggering 17g net carbohydrates. If you go to Chipotle, avoid the salad dressing and instead order the creamy guac.
- Too many extras- This could include too much salsa or too many fajita vegetables. The fajita veggies contain 4 net carbs per serving, but adding extra veggies to your “keto” salad bowl can easily add another 8-12 grams of carbs.
Chipotle’s Macros Calculator:
Meal options such as Chipotles’ NEW keto lifestyle bowls and their precise nutrition calculator may be found here. From rice, romaine lettuce, and carnitas to salsa, cheese, and guacamole, it breaks down the dietary statistics for every potential ingredient you may eat. Check it out to make the ideal keto bowl.
Is Chipotle Queso Keto Compliant?
Chipotle’s queso will absolutely fit within your keto macros. Though it may contain some unwanted ingredients, such as tapioca starch for rice bran oil, each meal contains only 4g of net carbohydrates. If you want to add some fat to your bowl, you can do so with the queso.
Fast Food with Low Carbohydrates
Look no farther if you enjoy fast food. We have guides for all of your favorite fast food establishments. We break down what you should eat, what you shouldn’t eat, and all the additional low carb meal options in each guide. More fast food keto menu choices can be found by following the links below:
- Keto at McDonalds– If you want to eat at McDonalds, this guide will tell you all you need to know.
- Starbucks Keto Drinks- Do you need your own personal Starbucks low-carb drink guide? For the best keto drinks at Starbucks, go no further than our one-stop shop.
- Carls Jr./Hardees: Everything Keto– Another traditional fast food business with a slew of low-carb options. When you get there, this tutorial even shows how to order one or two menu items after keto-fying them.
Our other low carb food recommendations, like our Chipotle keto alternatives, are unlimited. Visit our restaurant guides page to see more more, including this Chipotle keto guide.
The ketogenic diet has become quite the rage in the health world over the last few years, with millions of people adopting it and some making it a lifestyle. A ketogenic diet is one where you eat mostly or all fats, i.e. no carbs, and you are forced to get your energy from fat rather than carbs.. Read more about chipotle keto bowl review and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I eat at Chipotle on keto?
You can eat anything on the menu, but you should be careful of the tortillas.
Does Chipotle have a keto Bowl?
Yes, Chipotle has a keto Bowl.
How many carbs are in a Chipotle Keto bowl with cauliflower rice?
The nutrition facts for the Chipotle Keto bowl with cauliflower rice are not available.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto chipotle reddit
- chipotle keto bowl price
- chipotle keto
- chipotle keto bowl
- keto chipotle bowl