It’s not easy to keep your balance whilst managing a number of responsibilities at work, work home and personal life, and so on. It’s even more challenging when you have to balance all these with your own responsibilities, family needs, life goals and so on. This is exactly what the 25-songs playlist is intended to do: help you find the right balance and get back on track, and rock to the beat of the rhythm of life.
Looking for a little inspiration to help balance out your hectic life? From breakup songs to mellow tunes, we’ve handpicked the best songs to bring balance back into your life.
There is a common misconception that summer is all about relaxing and kicking back. One of the things that we forget is that our bodies are not designed to endure such vigorous activity during summer. While it’s not a bad thing to stay active during the summer, it would be prudent to take a step back from some activities and let your body acclimate to the hot summer weather.I have a question for you – what is your favorite song? So my question is… Why?
It probably has something to do with how you feel, doesn’t it? That’s because sounds have the incredible power to influence our mental, emotional and physical experience of life. So it’s not surprising that music is one of the most effective ways to boost morale.
Music as a medicine
Shabda chikitsa (or sound therapy) is one of the treatments of Ayurveda, the ancient science of life. She realized that sound had a profound effect on our thoughts and moods, just like any food, herb or exercise. And if you’re feeling anxious, angry, confused, irritable or depressed, there’s bound to be a song (or twenty-five) that will bring you back to your senses and help you find joy again. Ask anyone who has ever made or listened to a mixtape!
What is the sound of the scale?
Ayurvedic therapies are aimed at correcting the imbalance of the doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), whose influence increases and decreases with the change of seasons. The summer period is associated with the pitta dosha. It’s hot, spicy, sour, intense and can make us feel the same way! The key to creating summer harmony (inside and out) is to balance these qualities with products, actions and information that calm and cool (i.e. hot + cold = balance).
One musical recipe that helps balance the intensity and heat of summer is a playlist of cool songs that will slow you down, but not make you fall asleep….. something that will keep you cool and comfortable while you relax by the pool.
Here’s my summer playlist for pitta. A musical antacid, if you will. Have fun!
- Commodores – Light
- Otis Redding – The Dock Of The Bay
- John Mayer – Waiting for the world to change
- Ben Harper – She’s only happy in the sun
- Norah Jones – Don’t Know Why
- Stan Getz – The Girl from Ipanema
- Emiliana Torrini – Sunny road
- Ray LaMontagne – Be Here Now
- Stan Getz – Corcovado – Silent Nights of Quiet Stars
- Al Green – Let’s Stay Together
- Harry Nilsson – Everybody’s Talkin’
- Zero 7 – Online
- Al Green – Love and Happiness
- Norah Jones – Come Away With Me
- Bebel Gilberto – Samba Da Bencao
- Eagles – Hotel California
- Van Morrison – Into The Mystic
- Jack Johnson – Imagine
- Sade – River
- Jill Scott – A Long Way
- Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah
- Israel Kamakawiwo’ole – Somewhere over the Rainbow
- Fugees – Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Cowboy Junkies – Blue Moon Revisited
- Morcheeba – The Sea
I also don’t forget the people of the southern hemisphere (mainly because I belong to that category). Here, in the middle of winter, we face the heavy, dull and cold influence of the kapha dosha.
A musical recipe for winter is something that should get you out of your seat and shaking and moving around the room, as well as songs that will lift your mood and warm your heart. So here are 25 more songs to keep you light, bright and connected this winter season. (Excuse me while I move!).
- Michael Franti & Spearhead – Say Hey (I Love You)
- Labrinth – Express Yourself
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- The Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’ (in English)
- The Isley Brothers – Scream
- Will Smith – Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Can’t Hold Us – feat. Ray Dalton.
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
- Beyoncé – Crazy in Love
- Pink – Get The Party Started
- Maroon 5 – Moves Like Jagger
- MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This
- Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious
- Kenny Loggins – Footloose
- Earth, Wind and Fire – September
- Kool & The Gang – Celebration
- Deee-Lite – The groove is in the heart
- The Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
- Tag Team – Whoop! (It’s over there)
- Owl City. When will I see you again?
- Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Pump It Up
- OutKast – Hey Ya!
- Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch – Good Vibrations
Did I say twenty-five? Well, here are some bonus tracks to keep the party going ….. and go….
- Michael Franti & Spearhead – The Sound of the Sun
- Mumford & Sons – I Will Wait
Do you have a favorite piece of music or dance? Share the love in the comments! I will put it on my reading list! (Or you can send me the tape).All the typical seasonal health tips we’ve seen (vegetables, eat more fruit, get more exercise, etc.) are valuable, but it’s unrealistic to think that they will be enough to help us reach our fitness goals. It’s important to understand that “balance” is a big part of how to reach and maintain a healthy lifestyle.. Read more about top hard rock songs 2020 and let us know what you think.
top 20 hard rock songs 2020top rock songs 2020rock charts 2020top rock songs 2020 billboardtop hard rock songs 2020new rock songs 2020 list,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,top 20 hard rock songs 2020,top rock songs 2020,rock charts 2020,top rock songs 2020 billboard,top hard rock songs 2020,new rock songs 2020 list,new rock songs 2021,cool new rock songs